Thursday, February 6, 2014

J is for January 2014

It's crazy that January is already gone & the first week of February is almost over! January was a weird month for me. I've been in a personal funk for a majority of it, which is so annoying. I don't mean to be in said funk, but I want it gone. With that being said, I did have some good times in January too. I have to remind myself that I am so blessed to be surrounded by such incredible people. (Also, another resolution I've made is to try to stop saying "I" so much. It's especially hard not to use the word "I" whilst trying to write a personal blog. THE STRUGGLES. Also, my thoughts aren't translating well due to the fact that it's late & I'm getting a cold, so I'm all lathered up with Vicks. Plus, I wanted to be asleep, but my apartment walls are thin & people are loud & inconsiderate.) Anyway, let's look at my fun January memories.
1. I spent New Year's Eve/New Year's Day with some of my favorite friends & my favorite boyfriend. I know the polariods are small, but can I point out that I loved my dress so much? Because I did. Gosh it was fun to wear. A friend said I looked like Grace Kelly & that's pretty much the best compliment ever. I'm holding onto it forever. 2. I had a 2 week break from work, in which I hugged my family a lot & hung out with my dog. Yes, I have a dog. Contrary to popular belief, he is alive, well & quite loved. 3. My Mama & I went on a little shopping spree, where we both got little booties. SO comfortable, but so hard to wear with tight jeans. 4. Yep. Target convinced me to buy Valentine's Day crap in the first week of January. It's like they're selling directly to me, Erin. I swear. I don't know how they do it, but they do it well.//5. To end my long break from work, Boyfriend & I had a staycation in LA. It was relaxing & full of giggles. As always. 6. The day before I went back to work, I decided to buy myself flowers. That's my new thing, buying myself flowers for my room when I get sad or lonely. Which, is all too often during the weekdays. 7. Awards season has officially started, but we got cupcakes delivered to work, which helped the stress & hives go away a little bit. 8. I'm obsessed with my new "bonjour" bracelet. It's so pretty & it makes my wrist feel really small.//9. My sweet Sarah & I went to Downtown Disney for delicious beignets. She's my favorite. Beignets are a close second. 10. A perk of staying in your childhood room during the weekends are tattoo necklaces & Gameboys. Now if I could only find my games... 11. Oh, the Golden Globes. They were really entertaining, as always. In the midst of the craziness, my ultimate celebrity crushes Leonardo DiCaprio & Bradley Cooper gave each other a red carpet hug. Obviously I had to document it. Oh to be in the middle of that... 12. When I get stressed or annoyed, my go-to relaxer is to clean. Yeah, I'm not sure where that came from, but I don't mind it.//13. During work, I got to visit the Bollare offices & have my hair played with. 14. My Grandma got around to putting old pictures on a CD. Not only am I proud of her for that, but I can't stop looking at the pictures of her, my Grandpa, Uncle, Mom & Aunt. I am obsessed. 15. One Direction Valentine's Day cards at, where else?, Target. I live in those stores, I swear. 16. I had a bad week & looked up & realized it was a pretty day, so I took a picture & willed myself to have a positive attitude & a good day. I called my Mom later & she casually asked "Why'd you take a picture of a palm tree?" It made me laugh, so I added it. I love that precious Mom of mine.//17. We had a family birthday celebration & my cousin introduced me to the app game "Heads Up." I've seen people play it at Disneyland before, but just thought they looked silly. Oh no, it's such a fun game. I can't even begin to tell you. Playing with my family was some kind of interesting. 18. Yep. More flowers. This time they had glitter on them. First off, I didn't know that existed. Second, I know that's cheesy & lame but I'm not one to turn down glitter. Ever. 19. My Polaroid camera was by far my favorite Christmas present this year. My loved ones are even cuter all tiny. 20. Last week I went to a last minute King's game with my Aunt, Uncle & cousin at the Staple's Center. They have a suite & I'm not one to say "No" to hanging out with them. Or free suite seats.

I'm praying for a less stressful & happier February.

No comments: