Sunday, September 7, 2014

A is for August 2014

It's finally September! Which means, it's almost Fall. Which means, I can start buying Christmas scented candles and decorating for the most wonderful time of the year. I mean, what? I'm not getting ahead of myself. Not one bit. August was a long tough month, but I am thankful for my friends, family and kittens for making it a little less tough. Ahh, Fall... I can't wait to cuddle up with you.
1. New shoes & a new month. Two of my favorite things. Also, I am 100% certain that the cuter the shoe, the more painful the process to break them in. Geez. 2. & 3. At 11:30 AM on the day of the the BeyoncĂ© & Jay Z concert, Megan & I decided we HAD to be there. So we bought tickets & danced our booties off. It was the best decision of the month. I'm pretty sure. 4. My sweet Courtney left again for college. Ugh I miss her bunches. (She was also at BeyoncĂ©.)//5. Ikea catalogues are my favorite. 6. Work has it's perks! Flower crowns & manicures. Yes, please. 7. I have a new fish friend! Meet Fishgerald Grant. Yes, his name is based off "Scandal's" Fitzgerald Grant. Gosh, I love him. The character & my fish. He's a feisty one though. 8. Matt & I spent a Sunday getting bagels, going to Ikea & picking out paint swatches at Home Depot for our apartments. I chose pink, naturally. He chose boy colors for his. I like being an old married couple sometimes, it's nice.//9. FISHGERALD GRANT! Still sassy & Still alive. 10. My kitchen has the most cockroaches, but it's pretty cute either way. 11. A sweet makeup artist at work gave me perhaps one of my favorite gifts... A Burke Williams gift certificate. Yes, please!! 12. I'm kind of obsessed with Judy Greer. Also, I have a fun story: I ran into Judy Greer in a Starbucks & watched a flustered barista go "OMG, I know you! Where do I know you from?" (I mentally listed half my favorite movies. Hello, "27 Dresses!") Judy (first name basis) proceeded to shrug, laugh & say "I don't know, I'm sorry." So, moral of the story, I feel like I was a part of naming her book "I Don't Know Where You Know Me From." Ah, celebrity friendships.
13. August 20 is my Daddy's birthday. Even though he's not around to celebrate it anymore, I still like to think he's in Heaven celebrating like nobody's business. 14. I got dinner with Sister on my Dad's birthday. I love her so much, it's silly. 15. My Mom, Dave, Aunt, Uncle & I drove up to Napa to surprise Courtney for her Volleyball game. We drove up at 5 AM & ran around vineyards, ate dinner & then surprised Courtney. 16. She had no idea we were coming & that made the long drive worth it.//17. Napa is gorgeous! I want to move into castles. Yes, multiple. 18. August 25 was our 2nd Anniversary. While 2 years is a long time, it also feels like it's been longer. He's the best. 19. More proof as to why he's the best. 20. So... the end of August really turned around BECAUSE kittens. Always kittens. Someone my Aunt knows found 4 kittens abandoned at a construction site. Currently they are being bottle fed (Yes. BOTTLE FED. Bottle fed kittens are my new favorite thing. Better than hugs & coffee.)//21. Meet Olivia Pope, my new kitten. I may be biased, but she's the cutest kitten ever. I absolutely adore her. She is being taken care of by her loving Great-Grandma & Auntie. 22. Meggy & I went to the first football game of the season. WOOOOO. 23. Get used to seeing a lot of Olivia around here. I cannot wait to take her home. 24. I celebrated my Mama's birthday with Ruth's Chris & lots of giggles. 

August was really stressful & though I gained two pretty amazing pets, I am glad it's over & really looking forward to September. By September, you know I mean Christmas. Gosh dang, did I mention I was excited?!  

No comments: