Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Y is for Year in Review: 2014

Happy (almost) New Year! 2014 has been bananas, hasn't it?! So much has happened in these short twelve months that I continually find myself thanking the Lord for a) Helping me keep it together (Kind of... I've had my fair share of dance it out/cry it out moments.) and b) Blessing me with amazing friends, family, etc. I don't deserve even half of it, but I am really thankful nonetheless. This year, I became Mother to the most perfect kitten in all of history, Miss Olivia Pope. (I also bingewatched and fell in love with "Scandal." Hence kitten's name.) She is so cute and so sassy. I never saw myself as a "cat lady" but OH how the tables have turned. (It should be noted that as I was typing this, she crawled up onto the couch and plopped herself on my lap.) Livvy melts my heart in all the ways. Boyfriend moved to LA, as did many of my friends. It's really just a party, when we're not all exhausted from working our little butts off. I also moved into my own studio apartment - an apartment that quite honestly just fell into my lap. Living alone (Olivia not included) has been one of the best things for me. I'm 97% happier (All the cockroaches take me down 3%.) and I'm allowed to decorate how I want! Which just means lots of glitter, pink, gold and Polaroids everywhere. This year was definitely challenging as well, but that's just life in general. I'm really looking forward to 2015, despite the fact I'll be turning TWENTY FIVE. Ugh. Either way, my fingers are crossed it tops this year. Now here are all my favorite memories/pictures from 2014, which is mostly kittens and a random Joe Jonas appearance. I think that sums it up pretty nicely.
XO

1 comment:

Allison said...

The photo of Olivia in the shoe kills me.

I'm so honored to have made the post--even though that dude really only took unflattering photos of us.

P.S. I bought the coat you linked in your christmas wish list post and I'm so happy about it (couldn't comment on two separate posts, it felt like a little much)